Our mission to prepare students for moral, happy, productive lives means DA is as committed to developing our students’ moral compass as we are to developing their intellect.
- An average of 20 years faculty teaching experience
- Middle 50% SAT scores: 1320-1500 (out of 1600)
- 47 National Merit Scholarship finalists over the past 4 years
- 1:1 iPad program in grades 3-8
- 1:1 MacBook program in grades 9-12
Tour and Information Sessions allow prospective parents to learn more about Durham Academy through walking tours, opportunities to meet students and faculty, and discussions with school directors and Enrollment Management staff. For more information please call (919) 493-5785 or fill out the form below.
Applying to DA
Applicants are admitted on the basis of school reports, transcripts, recommendations, evaluations and Durham Academy’s entrance examination. Interviews are required for grades 9 through 12. We welcome applicant of any race, creed, color or national origin, and DA awarded more than $2 million in need-based financial aid for the 2019–2020 school year.