Carnegie Mellon uses the Common Application exclusively—all applications must be submitted online.
- Early Decision: November 1
- Regular Decision: January 1
- Early Admission: January 1
- Spring Transfer Admission: October 15
- Fall Transfer Admission: February 15
What you’ll need to complete your application:
- $75 application fee
- Official high school transcript
- Official test score reports from SAT, ACT, and TOEFL/IELTS if applicable. Learn more about requirements.
- Secondary school counselor evaluation
- Teacher recommendation
- Common Application essay
- Carnegie Mellon Common Application Writing Supplement, which includes three short answer questions
Use the link below to get started on your application to CMU!